Friday, August 3, 2012

More Smith happenings...

Last week Conner and I went to pick up my parents from the airport after their week long trip to Boston. They had a great time, and it was fun to hear all their stories. They are definitely not relaxing vacation people ... they are sight-seeing vacation people. I totally lived vicariously through their trip ... and cannot wait to go on a trip of our own once I'm done breastfeeding Conner (which will hopefully be through the end of this year).

On our way to the airport, I checked to see if he was sleeping ... not so much. ;)

Since they had been up since 2am Texas time, they were hungry for breakfast when I picked them up around 9am. We stopped at Whataburger on our way home and put Conner in a highchair for the first time. He loved it! So many things to see and his little highchair/shopping cart cover has a little hook for toys. He was content.

Big boy is getting a little more mobile in the tub. He sits behind the green booty catch on the left side and has recently started pulling on that right edge (which is in front of him) to pull himself over the booty catch into the spot where his feet normally are. He loves bathtime. It's probably his favorite part of the day, other than first waking up.
 
You can see this little cutie's bottom 2 teeth! This is also a picture of the "rash" on his face. I say "rash" because I'm not quite sure you could even call it that. His complexion is normally so good that any small/minor redness looks horrific to me. But you can see on the left (his right) cheek and above his eyelid there's some redness.

This is more of the day of the "rash," but more importantly, he's loving this new toy. He loves the sounds it makes and tries to pull up on it. A sweet friend loaned it to us ... along with almost everything else I could possibly ever have wanted or needed during pregnancy, nursing, and baby phases. She's pretty much a life saver.

Conner is obsessed with Stella. I'm also pretty sure the feeling is not mutual. Ha! She tolerates and humors him, though, which is good.

Too many toys to choose from ... he's a blessed kiddo. :)

When I took Conner outside to check the mail with me (temperature outside was 108 that day...) and he had a couple more spots show up on his elbows and upper thighs, I knew I needed to take him to the Pediatrician to ease my mind. He'd also been grabbing at his ears, which I was pretty sure it was related to teething, but if I'm at the Pediatrician already, I might as well ask the doc! He basically said it could have been an allergic reaction to the sunscreen (Aveeno Baby) and the heat just irritated it. He ruled out eczema and an ear infection which I was glad to hear. The picture above is Conner watching the big screen TV in the waiting room. He couldn't look away! It was so funny!

 Somebody has discovered carpet! He loves moving his fingers back and forth through it. I think he really likes the interesting texture it has. I would love to just let him crawl around on the carpet, but since he's not officially crawling (more like scooting/army crawling) he spits up some. I would much rather wash a blanket than have to spot clean the carpet. Just the phase we're in. :)

Today I turned this on when I came in after his nap. He was loving it! He crawled across the whole crib just to get to it. I'm glad he's liking it. It's funny the way you buy things for your baby and they don't seem to care until one random day and all of a sudden it's their favorite thing to play with.

Jason is home for the weekend, and I'm getting a massage tonight (my gift from Mother's Day). I think it's going to start this weekend off great. I need to get some relief from the tension in my back and shoulders lugging my beefy 18 pound baby around! I think we may go look at cars tomorrow with my sister-in-law because she's going to trade in her Expedition for a car with good gas mileage and we want to look at mini vans just to start getting a feel for how much one of those will cost. It's still several years out, but we like to plan ahead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment