Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July'n to me?

I think it's safe to say that this blog is now up to date. What's that you say?

July'n to me?

No, man. I'm being legit. Too legit to quit, that's fo sho!

Okay, for reals now, people. I'm going to get this update going so I can start talking about things that are current!

July was a great month, full of lots of fun times. Conner hit the 6 month mark, which was exciting. He's growing and changing so much, it's just unreal. He's now got 2 full teeth, 3 teeth poking through, and 1 that is so close! It's crazy to think he's got almost 6 teeth now. He's been such a trooper with the teething, too. Not too much fussing, just wanting extra snuggles from time to time, which I don't mind! His hair is growing a lot, but is still fine and thin. He has learned to sit pretty well, and has also started creeping along, but not quite crawling yet. Here's a video:
He smiles all the time, but pretty much just saves his laughs for Daddy. He's really the only one who can consistently make the Bear laugh. It's pretty cute. Conner has so much fun playing with Jason and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual.

Being a Stay-at-Home-Mom has been an interesting journey. One that I finally feel like I've figured out. I'm used to having daily/weekly tasks at my job, and this job is just so different than that. It's not really something you can prepare in advance for - you just kind of have to jump right in. I think part of it is that I'm liking the age Conner is at right now, too. He's able to entertain himself for substantial blocks of time whether playing on the floor or in the excersaucer. It's helped me to be able to get some things done while he's still awake instead of saving all my productivity for nap time. Usually he gets a nap both in the morning and afternoon, and the total time typically ends up being around 3 hours or so. Meaning, if he gets a 1 hour nap in the morning, his afternoon nap will be closer to 2 hours, and vice versa. He still sleeps 12 hours at night, and I'm so thankful for that! It's awesome to put him to bed around 7pm and him not wake up until 7am. I have time in the evenings to chill out and relax and have time in the morning to wake up before him to get a head start on the day. I tend to really count on and be firm in Conner's schedule because he's just such a great baby when he stays on schedule. I'm slowly getting a little away from being so firm, because I don't want to be holed up in the house. Conner's sleeping evens out by the end of the day, and we get to be out and about and seeing new things and having new experiences. I'm thankful that I'm getting into a good groove with Conner and feel more and more comfortable and confident every day. He's an awesome kiddo and I'm so blessed to be his momma!

So early in July, Jason and I took a day to spend just us as a family and decided to go to Cowboy Chicken for lunch. It was a really beautiful day, so we sat outside in the shade. Jason fed Conner and I was able to enjoy lunch responsibility free. I'm not used to that quite yet, but I love it when the opportunity arises!

Making him smile - still no laughs for Mommy...

Conner loves this thing! It "buzzes" when you bend the wing he has in his mouth. I think it feels good on his teeth trying to make their debut.

Do you know what this is? I. Am. Obsessed. We have a fig tree in our backyard, and Chris showed me how to pick a ripe one. We've been picking like 10/day ever since. It's insane. They are delicious and are similar to a strawberry, seed-wise. If you haven't tried a fig and want to come get one, just let me know. I will share. ;)

Look at that face! I have such a cute baby.

Out to dinner to Braza Dancante, a local Brazilian Steakhouse, for Chris' 30th birthday. The meats were awesome, but the pineapple took the cake. You don't even need cake if you had this pineapple. It was devine.

The birthday boy and his lovely wife. I love these two people so much!

Super Conner! Gotta love the Elmo bib. He seriously loves this thing so much and plays with it like a toy. He touches it, and bites it, and just loves it. I think it's a safe bet to say he likes Elmo.

This is Conner's BFF. At least he acts like it's his BFF when you set it on his lap. He lights up and tries to eat his face. I think that's a sign that Conner loves you ... you know, if he tries to eat your face.

At Top Golf for Chrisapalooza. It was super hot, but Conner did great! He ate lunch and got cuddles from Kylee and Kara and was such a trooper. His little cheeks were super flushed and his hair was matted down with sweat, but he loved it. I ended up giving him little sips of my water, which he loved, too. Love this little boy to pieces!

Kylee and I made homemade laundry detergent (thanks for the recipe Carla!), and needed to buy funnels. Kylee thought it would make for a good hat for Conner. She was right. Doesn't he look put together?

Jason reading Conner the fuzzy book. He loves it! He doesn't quite know that he's supposed to touch the fuzz, but we'll get there. He also puked sweet potatoes on the sheep. So, now the sheep looks like the red-headed step child of the bunch. Along with the fox. You win some, you lose some.

At iPic Movie Theater to wrap up Chrisapalooza 2012 to see The Amazing Spiderman in 3D. It was awesome to sit in recliners, but I think we'll save our money on the 3D business. We were not that impressed.

So excited!

Happy boy!

Bath time ... gotta love the octopus.

Uh, Mom. I'm in the bathtub and I'm naked. Please, no photography. Seriously, put the camera away!

Sorry, bud. You're just too cute.

Got this pic from Brady when he and my parents babysat one day. He's hanging out with his BFFs!

Jason has been working like crazy ever since Conner was born. He's been working the 12p-8p shift for what seemed like forever until 2 weeks ago, when he was able to work a normal schedule 6:30a-3:30p. Yay!!! I've been cooking up a storm since he's been home. I found a recipe for Brussels sprouts and zipper peas. So delicious. I'm thoroughly impressed by both. Yum-O!

Conner playing in MiMi's classroom. We went up to hang with her while she got some stuff done. Conner did so good playing mostly by himself on the floor. Notice good ol' Elmo...

My cute patootie boys!

Really enjoying my parents' pool!

My mom loves her goggles when she's in the pool. Cracks me up.

My handsome brother!

Hey, I know you!

Oh my gosh, we have a cat?? KIDDING. Stella finally braved the rocking chair. We've only had it roughly 9 months...
 Sweet baby face!

My super colorful lunch one day. My life is just too exciting, I know. I need to stop and smell the roses, blah, blah, blah.

Lovin' this "chew toy."

 Our super sitter!

Blurry pic, but you can see the top 4 teeth coming in here. In this pic, the 2 on the left are poking through, and the 2 on the right are coming soon to a theater near you.

My beautiful Le Crueset pot doing what it does best ... make delicious dinners! Chili cooking all day on the stove smells oh, sooo good. And it tasted great, too. Fresh cornbread. Man, my mouth is watering and I've already had dinner!

 Conner planking. Like yoga planking. He's hard core.

Cutie patootie.

 Conner's new trick...

 Conner loves the baby books ... this one is Baby Colors. He loves it and turns most of the pages! It's so cute to see him love reading.

 Somebody is ready for the pool! Cool smile Uncle Brady!

 Who needs expensive toys when you can play with Mommy's water bottle?

 Conner was standing and shaking a mostly full water bottle. We were joking that he was doing squats and working out his arms and shoulders. A little baby workout does a body good. And wears out a baby.

My sweet munchkin tonight before bed. I told you he was worn out...

No comments:

Post a Comment