Monday, July 2, 2012

April Shenanigans

Wow - so I just visited my blog to catch up on the blogs I stalk read, and I realized it's been over three MONTHS since I last updated! That's just ridiculous. I'm sorry blogosphere. No excuses.

So the only way I know how to catch up is to have a post for each month I'm behind. So, April was filled with all sorts of fun and exciting things. My friend from high school came to visit, and we took our first plane ride with Conner to Florida to spend some time with Jason's family. We also took a trip to Texarkana to help our friend Chris do some work at his mom's house and at the end of the month, Conner turned 4 months, old! There are a lot of details in there that I'm skipping over, but I'll include some of those with the pictures, because no post would be complete without pictures of the munchkin!

Big boy is getting good at tummy time!

My, what strong neck muscles you have!

I frequently will reach back when I'm at a stop light and snap a pic of Conner so I can see if he's asleep or not. I have dozens of pictures like this on my phone. He's just such a cutie!

You lookin' at me?!

One of my favorite pics of the Bear.

Me and Conner talking. He's a great conversationalist. ;)

My handsome boy.

This is a rare occurance these days ... soaking it up!

Tayler came to visit! It was so awesome to have my oldest friend fly here from CA to meet my sweet baby. We took her out to eat some Texas BBQ, and really just chilled out. We had a great time and I can't believe how fast it flew by!

Conner's first Easter! MiMi got Conner an Easter basket with toys, a cute outfit, and a book. She definitely did so good. Mommy, however, didn't do anything for Easter...

Sweet moment with Conner and MiMi.

Mommy didn't even get a picture of her sweet family looking halfway decent on EASTER SUNDAY! Jason and I had changed clothes and put on our glasses by the time we thought about taking a pic. Talk about EPIC PARENTING FAIL.

What up, Home Slice?

Uncle Justin and Aunt Courtney playing with Conner one morning on our trip.

Courtney played Pat-a-Cake and tickled Conner's belly. He had a good time with her, for sure!
 
Are you my daddy? You sure do look like my daddy ... Conner hopefully some day you'll get the Smith nose, too.

Justin and my niece, Kylee. She was ADORABLE!! I had fun playing and spending time with her!

How cute is this?!

At the condo we stayed at in St. Augustine. Yo dawg, I heard you like TVs.

And lighthouses...........

Christmas card 2012?

 Thanks, Kylee, for letting me borrow your towel! :)

Mommy ... I have to burp!

Getting so big!

Sweet smiles from my baby!

Sunshine at lunch with Kylee!

Playing with his toys :)

FEET!!

Cuddle time with Mommy!

Bath time with MiMi!

Jason and Chris working in the yard in Texarkana. Hard working boys!

Kylee cuddles with Conner~bear!

Conner was a little fussy and clingy in Texarkana, and I guessed he was teething. About a week and a half later (at 4.5 months old) he got his bottom 2 teeth!

Conner's first state line!


Jason is SUCH an amazing dad to Conner. He loves playing with him. They have such fun together. :)

The day Conner got his 4-month shots, I forgot to give him Tylenol before his appointment. That is the first and last time I make that mistake. He was so upset. I called my mom for backup because I was about to lose it. She came right over and helped me try to calm him down. We called the on-call nurse at my pediatrician's office and she recommended a warm bath. It. Worked. WONDERS. That has become my go-to when he inconsolable. Poor, poor baby.

1 comment:

  1. Yah! I'm so glad you are back to blogging. I missed updates and pics. Connor is so adorable. Thanks for sharing your month of April!

    ReplyDelete