Monday, August 20, 2012

Cah-ray-zeeeeee weekend, yo...

This weekend was cah-ray-zeeeeee. Let's pick up where we left off. Shall we?

12 Monkeys. Ummm, weird movie. I turned to Jason about half-way in and said, "I hope you know how much I love you." It was one of those.

Saturday morning we woke up bright and early ready to head over to Justin and Courtney's to hang out for the day. It's so cool having them here and being able to just pack up Conner's stuff and spend the day with them. I still can't believe they live here now! I hadn't seen Kylee yet, so I was excited to see her. She's 19 months, and it was cool to see the things a 19 month old can do, especially looking forward to what Conner will be into next summer. She's just so cute and active! She can walk fast and say words like mama, dada, thank you, hot dog, baby, hi, and bye (I'm sure many more, those are just the ones I heard on Saturday). She also says lots of words that you can't understand, so she's in that phase where she wants to tell you something, but there's a lack of understanding there, which can sometimes be frustrating for her. She takes naps like a champ and usually requests her naps and bedtime. She's a little daredevil and loves rough-housing. She eats table food cut up in small pieces, and has a ton of teeth. She likes rubbing lotion/soap on her arms. Courtney was putting sunscreen on her and gave her small dots of it to rub in herself to preoccupy her while Courtney got her back, legs, and chest. It was absolutely adorable.

 Kylee, Uncle Justin, and Conner-Bear.

 Sweet babies holding hands!

 Courtney putting sunscreen on Kylee, whose hands are busy rubbing lotion on her own hands. Smart momma!

 Kiki loves remote controls. So does Conner. Must be a kid thing...

 Checking herself out on the camera - she was workin' it!

 Aunt Alina and Kylee having fun taking pictures.

 I thought this was a cute face. She looks so little here. And check out those eyelashes!!!

 Smith boys and their kiddos. This is just the beginning of Conner and Kylee growing up together.

 Somebody just woke up from her 2 hour nap. A little shy about the new people hanging out all day.

 Sometimes, babies just want their own mommas ... especially after a nap. ;)

 You can't forget Trigger! He's a great dog and makes Jason and I want one. I think once Chris and Kylee move out we'll get a chocolate lab. Anybody know of any for sale?

Conner cuddling with Uncle Justin.

I think they are adjusting well to living in Texas, and Justin and Courtney both are really excited about their jobs. Kylee has done great in her day care and Courtney showed me her daily report sheets she gets at the end of the day that show what they did, how long her nap was, what she ate, and how many diapers she had. Pretty interesting stuff for a mom. It's crazy the things you find interesting once you become a mom. Like whether your kid just peed, or pooped, too. Did they use Desitin? This is interesting stuff for a momma, folks! I digress.

We had breakfast over there and then Jason, Justin, and Kiki went to the pool, while I tried laying Conner down for a nap. And he was.not.having.it. I think he just didn't want to miss out on the fun. So after I got him up we played a little more and then fed the kids lunch and laid them down for their naps (which Conner was more than ready for). Justin and Jason went to get Which Wich for lunch and Jason got me the best sandwich of my life. Delicious! We watched the Rangers game and talked. It was relaxing and fun.

Around 3:30pm we headed over to my parents house to drop off Conner so we could go out on a double date with Chris and Kylee. We met them at the movie theater and saw The Bourne Legacy (It was so good!). They bought a new car (Subaru Legacy) that day, so we rode with them after the movie to dinner at BJ's. After dinner, they dropped us back off at our car and we ended up getting dessert at Sonic and talking for a pretty long time. It was good catching up about a lot of things and just (simply) getting on the same page. Life has just been so busy and we had fallen into a routine of just reading/playing on our phones before bed until the last minute when we would give in to sleepiness and say "good night" with a quick kiss, without really talking much about our day. So it was nice to just reconnect. We didn't have to pick up Conner until the next morning, so it was awesome to not have to listen for him at all and be able to wake up and get ready for church on our own.

So, Sunday morning we stopped by my parents house on the way to church and picked up Conner and my mom. The sermon was really good and then in Life Group we had a guest teacher and we learned a lot. It was a great lesson. We picked up Conner who had been whining/crying (for who knows how long...) ... he can't seem to figure out how to either get a nap with so much going on around him, or getting by without having a morning nap on Sundays. Oh well. Hopefully he's still a good baby for most of the time he's in there. The ladies seem to love him, so I hope so. Anyways, we stopped on our way home to pick up a quick lunch at Which Wich (again ... that sandwich was just so good!). When we got back to my parents house, we started the process of helping Brady move. Basically we started working on it around 1:30p and didn't get done until 5:30p or so. We picked up Chipotle for everyone and ate dinner at Brady's new apartment in Denton (which seems super nice) with his roommate Matt (who seems super nice). Jason and I basically left when we needed to put Conner "to bed" and he fell asleep in the car with an easy transfer once we got home (Jason is really good at that). Jason's muscles started tightening up at that point and he started getting really stiff and sore so he relaxed while I unpacked all our stuff and started putting it away. I rearranged some of the furniture in our room and closet, and started some laundry. We crashed too late (again), and I woke up later than I wanted to this morning. I seriously need to get a morning routine down and stick to it. I was checking my Facebook this morning and ran across my college roommate's blog post about why she started a new morning routine, and it got me motivated. That's what I'm going to work on this week.

Jason is going to CA Wednesday through Friday this week for work. Bleh. Hoping this week goes by quick, but at the same time, I want time to stand still and slow down, because next week Conner will be 8 months old, and that just blows my mind!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend. Let me know how the morning routine goes...I'm slowly working on my night/morning routine. I'm still figuring it out!

    ReplyDelete