Thursday, August 9, 2012

Carrots and chicken...

So I've been wanting to make my own baby food and the other day decided to try it out. I used my smoothie maker instead of my food processor since it was in the dishwasher. It ended up chopping up the carrots I made into pretty small pieces, but it wasn't smooth. I thought, no big deal, Conner needs some different textures anyway. I also boiled some chicken and cut minced it up really fine. I tried to feed it to him, but every bite he made a disgusted face and gagged as soon as the food hit the back of his throat. I then decided to put the food directly onto the tray of his highchair so he could "discover" it himself and maybe even eat some of it with his hands.


He never even took one bite, but he was definitely checking things out! I had to constantly tell myself that the mess is only the first of many. I shook the highchair out in the front yard, so I'm sure the neighbors were amused!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...that surely looks like someone else I remember when he was that age...mess and all...btw, don't get near him when he has milk available, or he may pour it on your head just like his zany father used to do!

    -Big B

    ReplyDelete