Saturday, February 25, 2012

This kid's got it *rough*...

We have just been having the best time with Conner~bear! He is such a sweet boy and cuter and cuter every day (totally didn't think that was possible).

Hanging out on Mommy and Daddy's bed ... being uber cute.
 
 Sleeping on Daddy's lap. Love seeing times like this with my boys!

 On Tuesday, Conner and I had to go over to Grandma SuSu and Big B's house to be there for the electrician and locksmith. Mommy needed a fun breakfast to start that day, so Starbucks obliged! ;) It was actually kind of a funny start to my day. My mom called me at 7:30a with horrible back pain. She had thrown it out getting dressed. I stopped by to help her get situated until my dad came back home to take care of her. I got her some Aleve and a heating pad to start - she couldn't even hold her Nalgene water bottle so I had to get her a straw. Poor thing. After a couple trips to my dad's chiropractor that day, she was much better. Thank goodness. Back to my day, though. So after I got Mom situated, I headed to the town home. We got there at around 8:50a and got situated. The workers got there around 9:30a or so, but they weren't done until about 10:30a. When it was time to leave I put everything in the car, including Conner, and backed the car out of the driveway. I left the car running and closed the garage. I headed back inside to set the alarm like I thought I was supposed to, and when I went to open the door to leave ... the alarm went off and I was like, crap. What the heck did I do wrong? I ended up going back outside to check on Conner who was screaming ... called Jason to ask about the alarm ... and couldn't even think straight with the alarm going, Conner screaming. It was a little like a circus. Thankfully, a few calming words from Jason calmed me down and we got it figured out. Later that day I got a call from Susan checking to make sure I wasn't in jail because the alarm company called her. She imagined me and Conner hanging out in jail. Too funny.

 
On Sunday, February 19, Mom and I had a GNO that included a delicious dinner at The Olive Garden and then we went down to Fair Park to see Bring It On the musical.  It. Was. Fabulous. We had a great time! I always have fun with my momma.

 So Conner has been sleeping in my arms for some of his naps here lately. I have become much less "strict" about where he naps since when he has trouble napping he is not a very happy camper at all. It seems like the better he naps, the better he falls asleep later. The worse he naps, the worse time he has falling asleep later. I have been trying to nip that in the bud. And it gives me extra cuddle time with my sweet baby boy, which I don't mind one bit! He's so precious and he's growing so fast already!

 My main love language is gift giving, which is why I'm always finding things at the store for Jason. Like these croissants. He loves croissants. And I love him. So I buy him things he likes.

 Monday, my mom came over to watch The Bachelor. Who says you need a special occasion for chocolate covered strawberries?? Perfect, in my opinion, for a Girls' Night In. :)

 Rough life this kid's got. ;)

 After a very long few days at work Jason was able to come home at a decent time to spend some quality time with Conner~bear. Quality time is Jason's love language. He soaks it up along with words of affirmation. That boy sure does love it when I tell him how much I love and appreciate him.

And PS, that's not spit up on his shoulder ... it's a weird glare that looks like spit up. Conner only does that on Mommy. ;)

 OMG is he a cutie patootie!

 Look at those eye lashes! He's going to be a heartbreaker, for sure.

My happy, playful, baby. Who has two thumbs and is completely smitten?? This girl.

2 comments:

  1. Sooo very cute pics of Connor! Sounds like things are going well...glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, so ummmmm... he's adorable! And as much as it probably sucked... the house alarm story was cracking me up!!! I'm so glad you captured that story on here for forever! ;)

    ReplyDelete