Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day...

So Jason and I are celebrating Valentine's Day tonight, so to me, TODAY is Valentine's Day. We have realized that with having a baby and breastfeeding it is not easy to have a nice long date night especially on a Friday or Saturday (or Valentine's Day) night. So we adjust. We adapt. We go out on Thursday nights.

Tonight, however, we are going to be gone through a feeding and I'm so looking forward to it. MiMi and PawPaw are hanging out with Conner and will have a bottle ready for him to eat when it's his dinner time. Meanwhile, Mommy and Daddy (err... I mean, Jason and I) will be enjoying a matinee movie (The Vow), dinner (either Twisted Root or In-and-Out - Momma wants a burger), and dessert!! I'm so excited, since this is the first time I'll be away from Conner for more than 3 hours. I know that probably sounds backwards ... because most new moms are sad to leave their babies with sitters. Me? Nope. Conner is in great hands with Mi Mi and PawPaw, and I am going stir crazy! I spend all day with Conner every day and I love the little man to pieces!! But I am very much looking forward to spending some very overdue, very needed, quality time with my man! Jason has been working so hard at work lately ... basically 10-12 hour days during the week and then 5-6 hours on one weekend day. That, my friends, is a lot of working. He's got a big deadline at the end of March, so this will be the status quo until then. Bummer. So when I say Jason and I need this time ... we need this time.

And now some pictures of Conner ... because he's just so darn cute. :)

 Real smiles! So fun.

 Couldn't catch a good smile on camera - he's a mover and a shaker.

A little tired after some tummy time. Sent this in a text to Jason - "We miss you, Daddy!"

Kung Fu Baby. Much like Kung Fu Panda, but cuter.

And because we're celebrating today ... Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously - he is SOOO CUTE! Enjoy your date night with the hubs!

    ReplyDelete