Friday, December 2, 2011

Well, hello there, pelvic pressure...

Holy pelvic pressure, Batman! This has been a new thing the last few days, and especially today. I think it's safe to say the baby has dropped. He has been using my bladder as a punching bag, too. Although I must say, as long as I'm sitting down, I don't feel the constant urge to pee. But the second I stand up I'm looking for the bathroom! Craziness. Today I'm 36 weeks, 1 day (36w1d), and I can't believe that in less than a month, I'll be a mom to a sweet little boy. Time is flying.

It's been a while since I've updated on how our doctor's appointments have been going and put some updated ultrasound photos on the blog. We had an ultrasound on the Monday before Thanksgiving to check his size since my uterus has been measuring big. My mom and brother were also able to come, so that was really cool. It was the first time Brady had ever seen an ultrasound which was pretty cool and my mom was just so excited to be there. I was so glad they came. Back to the ultrasound. We got some awesome pics and the ultrasound tech is seriously the nicest lady ever. She's very thorough and you can just tell she loves babies a ton. So sweet. The estimate she gave was that he was weighing in at 6 lbs, 3 oz, but she said that number could be off by up to half a pound. Still. That's a big baby. Especially since I was only 34w4d. So here are a few photos from the ultrasound.

 Picture of his face & arm.

 Another one of his face and arm. :)

My absolute favorite pic so far ... picture of his nose, lips, and chin. So sweet!

So the next day we had an appointment with the doctor and she agreed that the baby was on the bigger side. She said she wasn't worried though, since I'm so tall and have wide hips, which made me feel better. I've been pretty anxious about the fact that he's a big baby, even though I'm not surprised. She also said that hopefully I'll go into labor on my own at 37 or 38 weeks, which I talked about in my last post.

Yesterday I had another doctor's appointment and I am 1cm dilated (loose - meaning almost 2cm) and 60% effaced. She said that is right on track. It was good to hear that things are progressing. My next appointment is next Wednesday, so it will be interesting to see where I'm at in a week.

Now, I'm off to pack my hospital bags so I'm ready for Conner's arrival! Fun times. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment