Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Last doc appointment & only 7 days to go...

So Monday we had another doctor's appointment ... my very last one. We almost didn't get to see the doctor, since she got rushed to a delivery. But, the OB that was on call made it to the hospital in time to take over and she came back to the office ... thankfully we didn't have to wait too long. She checked my cervix again and I was dilated to 2cm, 80% effaced, and she said I was looking really good. She also stripped my membranes at the appointment since she knows I want to go into labor naturally and would love to avoid getting induced next Wednesday. If you don't know what stripping membranes is, and would like to know, I just googled and found this really interesting article about it (http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/703499), however, be prepared for a possible "too much information" moment. ;) I didn't realize that the procedure caused contractions. After my appointment we went to dinner and I was definitely having mild contractions all through it and we decided to walk around Target to maybe help everything progress, but as soon as we were home, it all stopped. That kind of discouraged me at the time, but now after knowing a little more about the procedure I had done, it makes me feel better. I am a firm believer that confidence comes from having as much information as possible in situations like this.





For almost my whole pregnancy, I was bummed that I was due within a week of Christmas, because I didn't want my baby to have to share a birthday with such a major holiday. It's funny how your perspective changes during pregnancy. I know that it would be a challenge to make Conner feel special every year if his birthday is on Christmas, but I know that Jason and I are up to the challenge and will make it work no matter what. At this point, I just want to meet him and kiss him and snuggle his sweet little self. I've been trying to make sure to get plenty of sleep lately because every day could be THE day that we head to the hospital and I endure the amazingly difficult task of birthing a baby ... so I need all the rest I can get to prepare me for that. As anxious and scared as I am, I'm so excited and can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment