Thursday, December 8, 2011

Only 3 more weeks...

Yesterday we had our 37 week appointment and it was definitely a short one. At this point there's not a whole lot to talk about other than checking progress and asking questions. The doctor checked my cervix again (at my request), and I was 1cm dilated and 70% effaced, which is not much of a change. There are 3 different OBs at the practice, and we saw the only male doctor yesterday. He acted like he doesn't think my labor will come early and even joked that the 28th is a great day for a birthday (it's his birthday). I have to admit I kind of felt relieved! For the last two weeks I've been more anxious and had more feelings that time is running out ... that's not to say that we aren't prepared for Conner's arrival. We are so prepared! I just don't know that I'm quite ready for that major change in our lives quite yet. So now I'm thinking I have at least 2 more weeks if not the full 3 weeks until my induction. This gives me more time to cook a few more meals to freeze, read the books I've got on my list still (Boundaries, and The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer), finish addressing and sending out Christmas cards, learn how to use my Nikon D40, and spend some good quality time with my husband. I know that I will love having a baby and that our lives will change for the better and all of that, but I can't help but be sad to see this special time where it's been just Jason and me go.

Today I'm meeting up with a friend who I haven't seen in a while for coffee, and I'm so excited! It will be nice to catch up on what all has been going on with her and talk about what's been going on with us. And of course, enjoy a nice Starbucks drink. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment