Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Being iced in is .... FABULOUS!!!

Yesterday my office was closed because of snow/sleet/ice in our area. It's in the company policy manual to follow McKinney ISD weather closures ... but a few weeks ago when McKinney ISD was closed for snow, the company president decided to have everyone come in at 10am. So, policy shmolicy!

Yesterday we got word around 6am that we'd be closed for the day. I was so excited. Except for the fact that I had a proposal due. It's pretty strange that the whole ISD was closed, and yet the purchasing department stays open. I suppose it keeps the schedule on track, but still. So I braved the ice to head up to the office around 10am, and made it there in 30 minutes. Almost got in a wreck due to hills and lots of ice on the roads, thankfully my slow driving on ice came in handy. My hands were sore from gripping the steering wheel so tight!


I waited about 20 minutes for the file I was waiting on to be emailed to me, but once I got it, it took only 10 minutes to put the books together and tape up the box. I headed downstairs to give it to my co-worker who was going to drive 30 miles to deliver. I was SO thankful not to have to brave that many roads and cars. I headed home around 11:15am and the roads were already worse than just an hour before. It was a good rest of the day with pizza for lunch and dinner, Jerry Maguire, an hour nap, several 30 Rock episodes, and Ondine.

I was waiting to hear what the verdict would be for today since McKinney ISD reported school would be closed all day. A little after 8pm we got an email stating the office would open at noon unless the roads were deemed too dangerous to drive on .... so this morning at 10:15 I got a call from my boss that the office would remain closed for the rest of the day. YAY!!! I was so excited.

Today I was able to be much more productive ...here are some of the things I did:
  • made a dozen each, Fiber One Banana Nut muffins, and Fiber One Blueberry muffins
  • P90x Arms & Shoulders workout with Jason
  • 4 loads of laundry
  • made a delicious lunch of Garlic Curry Chicken with avocado and steamed broccoli
  • made a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough - 2 dozen cookies / 4 dozen balls of cookie dough to be saved for a rainy/snow day
  • started our taxes - only waiting on our tax form from Bank of America to finish
  • gathered all of my stuff to give away to a family in need
McKinney ISD is closed all day tomorrow, too - just waiting on the official word as to what our office plans to do. I'm hoping for AT LEAST a noon start time - but would absolutely LOVE the whole day off. I've got some fun projects I could work on... :)

1 comment:

  1. I was starting to get jealous of your snow days... but then Houston has been having rolling blackouts so my work decided to close as well. Whoo Hoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete