Friday, January 22, 2016

Life lately...

January is flying by ... am I right?! We had such a fun time over the holidays spending lots of quality family time, but I will admit that it's nice to finally be back into a routine. Jason went back to work for a week and a half and then we took our babymoon for 5 glorious days and got back on Sunday. It was wonderful! The boys stayed with Jason's parents and had the best time. I know January is more than half over, but we are finally back into a routine now that we are back from our vacation. So to back track a little, let me go over our fun and eventful January so far!

On the first day back to school after the holidays we celebrated Conner's birthday at school. He picked out the most simple chocolate chip cookies from Target that he wanted to have and he was pumped that I came to his "party."

His class sang "Happy Birthday" to him and the other little boy who had a birthday over the break. He really wanted to sit in my lap. I loved every second of it. ;)

Then they sang their prayer...

Then he got to eat his cookie! I wish I had brought some cute plates and/or napkins, but I didn't even think about it. It's ok - all he wanted was the cookie.

The best pic of him with his birthday crown...he wasn't feeling it. Haha!

 This was our dinner one night - homemade mac 'n' cheese, lil smokies, and roasted veggies. The kids LOVED it! I kind of just threw it together with what we had in our fridge...so I felt like supermom. 

Hudson has been such a little cuddle bug lately, saying a lot of:
"Mommy, will you carry me?"
"Mommy, will you sit with me?"
"Mommy, can I hold you?"
And when he wants to cuddle 99% of the time I oblige. Mama's gotta clean the house sometimes...

He also is kind of a grump when I get him up from naps. He frowns a lot and whines. BUT he has the cutest frown I ever did see. Usually some snuggles and quiet help with the moodiness. 

Then later they BOTH wanted to snuggle and I was like, "heck, YES" I will stop cleaning and organizing for this sweet moment. I'm realizing lately that my time with just my 2 boys is limited, so I am soaking up our time together before baby sister arrives. Life will be even sweeter ... but different. 

So ... there is no shame in my game. I may have asked for the boys help taking off my boots now that I'm in my third trimester. I mean, I need to teach them how to be the most helpful for the weeks ahead. It's my job.

These two boys have been playing so well together lately. I feel like it's been a long time coming, so I'm super thankful! They were upstairs in Conner's room and wanted to pretend to go to sleep. We are moving Hudson into Conner's room in a couple of weeks, so to see them playing like this makes me so happy. I'm sure it'll be a tricky transition since we've never done this before, but I know it will be good for them and they will be closer friends because of it. To me, that's totally worth it.

I saw this on Facebook and thought it was so funny. Truly, this phase of life has turned me into a phone conversation-a-phobe. Seriously. My kids play great until I'm on the phone and then it's like they know. They KNOW. It's just not worth it to me to have that kind of anxiety while talking on the phone. I'd rather get a text and have time to respond when my kids aren't acting like monkeys. ;)

So, that's what's been going on lately for the Smiths! 

I'm headed to a girls weekend at Lake Athens this weekend with the girls in my life group. I'm excited to get away and have some great girl time. Hopefully someone will braid my hair. Haha! 

Happy Friday, friends!



1 comment:

  1. Great update! I’m so glad your boys are getting along well. Keep us updated on how it goes when you transition them to the same room. And if you find someone to braid your hair…sent them my way! Lol.

    ReplyDelete