Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Bumpdate - 30 weeks

It's true what they say about each pregnancy getting less and less documentation. I definitely took way more belly pics and posted updates when I was pregnant with Conner. Then, with Hudson, it was mostly updates about how excited I was for Conner to be a big brother and how I didn't know what it'd be like, but I was excited. A couple of belly pics. This pregnancy? I finally took a belly pic last week ... it only took me 29 weeks...


At 28 weeks I took my glucose test. I drank the drink in the carpool line at school before walking the boys inside. That sure was fun. Haha! It's funny, they tell you that you won't hear from them unless you didn't pass ... but at your 28 week check up they also talk induction dates and every.single.pregnancy they have called a couple days after my glucose test to schedule the induction and I about have a heart attack every.single.time. Thankfully I passed the glucose test, but they checked my thyroid and it was off so they had to call me about that, too. My induction is scheduled for my due date - I didn't get to my due date with my other 2 pregnancies, so we shall see. I have an ultrasound scheduled for my 32 week appointment to see how big baby girl is. Hopefully she's a little smaller so I can make it to my due date. Gosh, HOPEFULLY I'll go into labor naturally this time! Two big babies, two scheduled inductions ... the track record doesn't look good, but may the odds be ever in my favor.

On my pregnancy app this cartoon popped up and I thought it was spot on. If you want to talk to a pregnant woman about how she's looking "the word you are searching for is radiant." Seriously. I've heard some doozies ... and I know people mean well, but, sometimes, I just don't want to hear that I'm rocking the pregnancy waddle. ;) 

Seriously. I'm pretty sure I hear my husband saying, "AMEN!!" This is so me right now. Although, when Jason gives me a massage before bed it helps so much. Hear that, honey? Walrus ... or massage. Decisions, decisions.

So, I had to take my car into the shop a couple weeks ago and while I waited for it to be done, I went shopping at Once Upon A Child a consignment shop in town. I was looking for shirts for Conner and the selection was pitiful. I found nothing. Then I looked at pajamas for Hudson and found the cutest Mater jammies. To checkout, I had to walk past all the baby girl stuff ... and I ended up buying a few outfits that I thought were really cute. A lot of the clothes are less than $5, but these 2 dresses were around $8.50 each. They were just too cute and I couldn't pass them up. I also

I also got a couple "little sister" onsies, some leggings, and a 12-month fleece jacket. I can already tell I'm going to be checking this place out for special occasions (Christmas, Easter, other holidays). They have lots to choose from about 2T and under, but after that the selection gets a little sparse. That's ok though, because I will take what I can get!


Pregnancy updates: I'm feeling pretty good these days, but my hips are killing me almost all the time. I got a referral to a PT, but I haven't made an appointment. At this point, with only 10 weeks to go, I probably won't make an appointment. But I have it if I need it. 

I've been eating a lot of string cheese ... it's quick and easy protein to help me feel full and avoid morning sickness. Yes, I'm still dealing with that even now at 30 weeks. This is a new thing this pregnancy ... I was pretty much over that at 13 weeks with both the boys. One of several reasons this pregnancy has not been my favorite. I'm definitely not feeling amazing like I did with both the boys.

I'm tired all the time. I'm sure that has nothing to do with running around after 2 littles while growing a baby. ;)

Baby girl has been kicking like crazy lately and I have loved it. Just last night Jason finally felt some really BIG kicks - she was stretching in my belly and he thought it was pretty cool. Conner still hasn't felt her move, but he's also not very patient at all with his hand on my belly. Maybe in a few more weeks when he can see my belly move if he sits there long enough, then he'll feel her.

I have several projects for her room in the works, that I'll be cranking out soon. I'm making scrapbook covered letters of her name for over the crib just like I did with the boys, as well as a bow holder out of an empty frame and ribbon. Any other must-haves for little girls? I don't do a lot to decorate the nursery, but I have a feeling I just need to go to Hobby Lobby on a day their wall decor is on sale and pick from pretty much anything. I'm loving and embracing all pinks and purples for her room.

So, here's hoping I have another bump pic before she's born! ;)


Happy Wednesday, friends!!



1 comment:

  1. I have not purchased a single thing for baby #2…I feel like I should…. so good for you for buying some girl things! You look awesome at 30 weeks! And it’s so funny how they do things differently in different areas. I had to drink the glucose and then wait in the doctors office for 1 solid hour. Could not leave..ugh!

    ReplyDelete