Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Bumpdate! 37 weeks...

There are only 3 weeks to go and I simply cannot believe it! How is the time seeming to pass so quickly all of a sudden? 

My sweet sister-in-law and friends from my life group threw me and Lorelai the sweetest baby shower this past weekend. It was at one of my favorite restaurants, Spoon's, on the Square in McKinney and there were balloons, the sweetest diaper cake with roses on top, yummy appetizers, the most adorable cake balls that were so incredibly delicious and a strawberry cupcake for me. And did I mention how PINK everything was? SO pink, and I love, love, loved it! 

These were my sweet hostesses. They made everything so, so special for me!

These are my Life Group ladies who were able to be there. We really love our life group at our church and can't imagine our lives without these awesome families and friendships.

The Smith girls! My sister-in-law Courtney and my niece Kylee definitely made me feel special and can I just brag on my niece for a second? She did so good at the shower and genuinely loved watching me open up presents. Way to go, big girl! I will definitely be calling on Courtney for all things Girl Mom related because she does an awesome job with her two girls. My other sister-in-law has two boys, too, so we are venturing into new territory in our family with having 2 boys and a girl. 

My best friend Kylee and I - this girl is amazing and I don't know what I'd do without her. She is like me in so many ways, and in the ways she's not, she's like Jason. We are so glad we met Kylee and her husband Chris when we did - they are like family to us! She's been wanting me to have a girl from the beginning even though I was pretty freaked out by the idea of a girl back when I was pregnant with Conner and even Hudson. I'm so glad I came around to being excited about the idea and then found out it was a girl - it's been a really fun and exciting time. So, so thankful for my sweet friend who knew I had it in me from the beginning.

My mom and I - I think she's pretty pumped about having a granddaughter along with her two grandsons. She is such an awesome MiMi to the boys and I can't wait to see her with a little girl!

Then Sunday was my birthday and I turned 31. Jason and the boys and I went to Einstein Bagels for breakfast and got coffee from Starbucks on our way to church. Afterwards we headed home and ate a quick lunch and put Hudson down for his nap. Conner was really tired, but perked right up when my family came over. We hung out while Hudson slept and then opened presents when he woke up. I was blown away by the thoughtfulness and awesomeness of my gifts! Jason wrote little notes from the boys on why they picked what they picked to give me, which was fun. Conner got me the Jen Hatmaker book and the note said, This book is from Conner because..."I love books and Mommy loves to read books, too!!" So, so sweet. And Hudson got me the round brush and the note said, This brush is from Hudson because "Wow!" Haha! I can totally see him saying that. Jason and my parents blew me away with the thoughtfulness of the rest of my gifts and wrote me sweet notes, too. And I LOVE me a homemade card, especially from my boys!  

Then my mom made her famous chocolate cake that I LOVE. For the first 6 or so years Jason and I were together I could never figure out why Jason wasn't as in love with this cake as the rest of my family. One day he was watching me make the cake and saw the cinnamon and I'm pretty sure his mind exploded. It's the special ingredient that makes it so, so good, but, it's the reason Jason calls it the "broken chocolate cake." Haha! It's ok, honey. More for me!

Then we decided to take advantage of the nice weather since the forecast was looking pretty wet for the week and hung out in the backyard for a bit. While the kids played, I took a 36 and a half week baby bump pic. I can't believe how big our baby girl is getting!   

... and then I saw this funny YouTube video called "Instagram Husband" and I cracked up! There's even a brick wall in my photo and everything. Thank you, Jason, for being my Instagram Husband!

Then we headed out to Babe's for dinner and then home for chocolate cake for dessert. The kids went to bed before cake, so no singing happy birthday to Mommy this year. It's okay, though. They got some cake the next day after dinner and there's always next year. ;)

This week is Spring Break and I can't believe how much it's already rained! We have been cooped up inside, which hasn't been that bad, but I do wish we could play a little bit outside. Conner was a little sicky on Monday and then Tuesday we rented The Good Dinosaur and relaxed while it stormed outside. I had my 37 week OB appt that morning and so my mom came over to hang out with the boys while I went to that appointment and ran to Target by myself. Can I get a hallelujah?! Seriously. Solo shopping at Target is my jam. I picked up a few things for our hospital bags and plan to pack those up this week. {WHAT?!?! Seriously can't believe we're to that point!} Today I think I'm going to wash the newborn clothes, 3 month clothes, swaddle blankets, and sheets. I've got to get it all ready in case baby girl makes her debut early! I can't believe we are just 3 weeks (or less) away!


Happy Hump Day, friends!!




No comments:

Post a Comment