Saturday, June 24, 2017

We're Moving!

Well, it's been a little while since I've updated my blog, so first things first.

We are now officially a family of FIVE! Lorelai is almost 15 months old and she is just the sweetest little addition to our family. She is different in so many ways from her two older brothers, but looks a HECK of a lot like Conner!


Our first few days home in April 2016. 


My babies looked a lot like each other!
Conner / Lorelai on top.
Hudson / Lorelai on bottom.

And then here they are now...









So, basically, having three kids is hard sometimes, but most of the time I feel like it's easier than two! When I had two I felt like everything was so extremely hard. I think it was because I had a 22 month old and a newborn...which is two babies! As the boys have gotten older they have become the best of friends. Don't get me wrong...they fight. Sometimes they fight a lot. But most of the time you will find them playing together and having so much fun. And especially if we go anywhere like a park, or play date somewhere...generally they stick together. I feel like this is why it seems easier with three. I can focus on the baby and most of the time the boys entertain each other.

All that said...this makes me laugh. Hard.



Right now the boys still share a room and I think it's been going great. I feel like over the past year they've been sharing a room they have really grown closer. When we built our house a few years ago I was pregnant with Hudson and we didn't think we'd have three kids, but kind of decided that if we had more than two kids they'd just share rooms like Jason did growing up. Once we had Lorelai we had basically decided that the boys would always share a room and Lorelai would have her own. And while it works great some of the time ... a lot of nights are also like this...


The idea of finding a "forever" home has been something that has kept coming up every few weeks over the past year or so. Once we had Lorelai, the idea of four bedrooms so each kid could potentially have their own room kept surfacing. There were also little things that bugged us about our current house, especially when thinking about being here long term. The thing that made the decision for us is that Conner is starting Kindergarten in the Fall, so since we knew it was something we wanted to do, we knew we needed to just go for it. So, we called our realtors and put our house on the market! The past month has been insane with all the decluttering and cleaning we did to get our house ready to sell. And of course it's summer so the kids are home and we had VBS and two weeks of swim lessons thrown in for good measure. This is how I feel about the past month...


But seriously ... our realtors are AWESOME. And our house sold in a weekend and we found a house we really love in a neighborhood we really love in a school district we love in the city we love. 

Win, win, win, WIN!

Our timeline is a little complicated, but it actually works out really well considering it still works with our big vacation we have planned! Also, since we are changing school districts we actually GAIN a week of summer!!


I really feel like the Lord has been in the details. He has been guiding us and I can't wait to see what His plans for our family involve in this new neighborhood. I can't wait to host bible studies and get togethers in our home and hopefully be the hub where our kids and their friends want to hang out.

Right now I'm working through the details of moving and have hired movers. I also have a carpet/tile cleaning company scheduled for the day before we move in. We will need a storage unit for a few days at the end of July and a few days at the beginning of August (16 days total), so if you know of an affordable and quality option for that, send your recommendation my way!

Also, the new house has beautiful engineered hard wood floors ... and I mean BEAUTIFUL! It's been a long time since I've had wood floors, so I need cleaning tips! It was going to cost $600+ to have the cleaning company clean and polish the wood, too, so I opted to do it myself. When we clean them for the first time the house will be empty, so if you have any tips/tricks for cleaning them or polishing them, I'd love to hear it!

Oh! And we've only ever had Coserv for our utilities because we've been in the co-op that requires us to use them. The new house isn't in the co-op so we actually have options. Anyone have a utilities provider they recommend?

I can't wait to show you guys pictures and share more about the new house! We still have a little over a month before we move in, so in the meantime we'll be purging and packing and trying to squeeze some fun in there, too. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment