Thursday, February 25, 2016

Life lately.

Good morning, good morning!

Today is Jason's "Friday" and it makes me so, so happy! I feel like I've hit the stage of pregnancy where my mind is going a mile a minute and I am constantly reviewing the checklist over and over in my mind. It is exhausting! So, thankfully, we'll have some extra time this weekend to knock some things off my list and free up some brain space.

We made some excellent progress last weekend with the name signs and I made a bow/headband frame for Lorelai's room. I also washed a load of pink...a couple of blankets and a crib sheet and even though her room is pretty bare, putting the crib sheet on the mattress made a big impact! I still need to find a couple of cute things to hang on the walls, but I did find a super cute lamp at Target this week. It's funny that her room is what I've been focusing on because she probably won't sleep in there for several months...but whatever.

We had a super sweet, super simple Valentine's Day that I absolutely loved! The whole weekend was filled with lots of sweet family time. Jason and I made a nice dinner for just the two of us Saturday night after the kids were in bed and had some great conversation and peace and quiet. ;) On Sunday, we had a family breakfast and little gifts for the kids. These pictures crack me up.


Having a due date in late March made me super excited to experience the cold weather while super pregnant. The boys were born before it really got cold, so I didn't get to experience that with either of them. But, I should have known not to get my hopes up. Darn you, Texas weather! It has been so unseasonably warm this winter. Like highs in the 70's, warm. While I want to complain about how this affects me ... it has been awesome for the boys! They have loved all the extra time to play outside and it's something we definitely look forward to when the weather is nice.



We've had plenty of cold days, too, so we've been trying to make the most of our time inside. I moved their little table out of the kitchen and into the living room so they could see out the windows into the backyard. They love coloring in their new spot. 

Conner got some Blaze tattoos in his Valentine's from school, so one day while Hudson napped I put the Blaze one on him and the Crusher one on me. Even though I explained thoroughly about how a tattoo is different than a sticker, he was pretty disappointed that it wasn't a sticker and rubbed it off within 2 minutes. At least I got a picture of us looking cool and tough with our tattoos.

Even though Conner is done napping on a regular basis, he sometimes falls asleep during the day while Hudson is napping. I love watching him sleep - it reminds me of those sweet snuggly newborn days ... I just want to scoop him up in my arms and rock him.

And this little guy is such a ham! I love his sweet little cheeks!

Sometimes you just have to wear a bucket on your head and call it a day.

This kid's cuddles melt my heart. I love them so much and I'm really trying to soak up my last few weeks where he's my baby!

We've also been making progress with the boys sharing a room. Mostly we are working on getting a good nighttime routine in place so they can calm down a little more easily. It was so easy to put them to bed separately...and I'm sure with a little more time we'll have this process smoothed out, too. 

Although, there are plenty of nights like this, too... Jason had gone to bible study and we had put them in bed before he left... Honestly, it was funny to me then, and it's even funnier now.



Oh, the joys! ;)


Happy Thursday, friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment