Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A lot has happened in this past month...


We went on a New Mexico vacation with our friends, Chris and Kylee, and had a fabulous time. I definitely learned the hard way to take nausea medication any time I'm planning on driving for long periods of time, but once I found out, it was an easy fix. The weather was absolutely beautiful and it got cooler in the evenings (which I love). We were able to meet a lot of their friends and spend some time with Kylee's family. It was a great time with our friends and a great trip. Looking forward to our next vaca with them!

One weekend I organized my laundry room finally. Of course I couldn't do it without help from my mom and Kylee. It was great to have someone to bounce ideas back and forth with, and in the end I think it was hugely successful. I'll do a post soon about the details of that project - it was a big one.

I also bought curtains for our living room, dining room, kitchen, and master bathroom - all from Ikea - along with a rug for our living room. My project for this week is to hem the curtains in the master bath, living, and dining rooms. I'll take pictures once they're done - my house looks so much more homey with curtains!
 Kitchen curtains
 Rug for living room
 Master bathroom curtains
Living & dining room curtains

We also went on a beach vacation last week to Orange Beach, Alabama with my family. We stayed in an awesome condo, ate lots of seafood, got some sun, and just relaxed. The 12 hour drive was rough, but totally worth it. It was so nice to get away from our regular responsibilities, and just spend time together. The next vacation Jason and I will have will be the last one before the baby is born - our "babymoon" - in Dallas. That's another thing on my list of things to do soon - book our hotel and make restaurant reservations for our weekend getaway. I'm super excited for that.

That pretty much brings us up to date! I got The Help from my mom (she read it on vacation), and I can't wait to start reading tonight. I'll probably end up reading all day tomorrow, too. It's just been too long since I've sat down with a good book and just read. I've heard great things about it and can't wait to read it and then see the movie with my mom. Hopefully we can see the movie sometime this week or early next week - that would be awesome.

Our next OB appointment is Monday (the 15th) and we have our 20 week ultrasound. I am so hoping we can find out if it's a boy or a girl! I can't wait to start picking things out and talking more seriously about names. We've narrowed some down, but are keeping it to ourselves until we decide. It's just too easy to get hurt feelings about names. And other people never realize that they are saying things that hurt my feelings, which makes it even harder. So ... we'll just let you know when we decide. ;) I also still haven't felt the baby move yet ... so I'm hoping that happens soon, too. I hear it doesn't happen until much later with your first baby - so I'm hoping in the next few weeks I'll be able to feel it. It's probably going to be one of those things you wish for and then when it happens all I'll want is for the baby to just settle down and stop kicking me! Ha! Maybe it's just me, but I think it will be so cool to feel and experience I don't even think I'll mind.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys have had a great summer!! Yay for baby names and finding out what it is. Such a fun thing! Also, I enjoyed EVERY moment of feeling Kinley move, roll, kick, punch, hiccup, etc. and I hope you do too! I know some people get "annoyed" with it, but I don't ever remember feeling that way. It just amazed me how this little human being was inside of me and I treasured every moment. God is SO good! Can't wait to hear an update about your appt on Monday. You guys are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete