Monday, August 29, 2011

It's a BOY!

  
Source: etsy.com via Alina on Pinterest


And boy, oh boy are we excited! I'm so glad we found out and it's just been so fun looking at and picking out all things boy. People had been asking me if I felt like it was a boy or a girl beforehand, but I really didn't have a feeling either way. The morning of our appointment, I asked Jason if he had to say what he thought it might be and he mentioned our typical disclaimer first, "I'll be just as excited for either..." and then said "but I really think it's a boy." I told him I agreed. It was our first time verbalizing a prediction. So we headed to the doctor's office and it was the most amazing experience! The ultrasound tech was so nice, and you could just tell she LOVES checking up on babies. She called our little one "little munchkin, little sweetheart, etc" and was very thorough and told us a lot about the development and how everything looked. They checked the brain, heart, kidneys, bladder, umbilical cord, and checked for 10 fingers, 10 toes, and confirmed there was no club foot, no cleft lip and that there was skin fully formed behind the spine. Everything looked great and so then it was time to determine the sex. She said she could tell, but tried to get a good picture for us to be able to see. She joked that the baby was doing jazzercise and moving around like crazy.

The proof! :)
It took a while to get a profile and this is the best of the bunch. Sweet little face!

When we saw that it was a boy, I just started crying, and then the sweet teary eyes turned into a blubbering tissue-needing mess! I was just overwhelmed with emotions and thrilled that it was a healthy baby boy. Then of course the tech was cracking jokes left and right so then I started laughing so hard I was wheezing! I was a mess!! It was just such and exciting thing to see and we're hoping to remember to take a short video the next time we have an ultrasound. So fun to see him move around and practice his jazzercise! Ha!

After the appointment we texted/called family and then headed to Panera for a late breakfast, and to talk about our very eventful morning. We talked about names again, this time was so much more real since we knew it was a boy. We had basically picked the name at that point, but were still hesitant to just commit to start telling everyone. So, since we've now picked the name, it's no secret anymore.

CONNER GARRETT SMITH

This past weekend my mom and I went to Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us to just basically go down every aisle and talk about everything you need when you have a baby. It was so helpful, and at the same time, very overwhelming. There are just so many things you need, that you have never needed before until you are expecting a baby. Mommy-hood from experience is the best information to have, because you can read all the reviews you want, but the advice based on experience of people you know will always trump the internet.

While at Buy Buy Baby, we picked out a stroller and got to talk to the sales guy who was uber helpful. Yesterday, Kylee and I put it together (it was SO EASY) and put it in Conner's closet (our new baby storage).
http://www.chiccousa.com/gear/travel-systems/cortina-30lb-systems/travel-systems-30-romantic.aspx
It's been fun trying to figure out what all we want his room to be. I've taken the simplistic approach to bedding, and am hoping to add pops of color and interest to the wall decor and accessories. And I'm pretty much in love with every single piece of boy baby clothing I've seen. It's all just so adorable!

I can't wait to get the crib in his room all set up and arrange the furniture how we want it. Jason's mom and Aunt are coming in mid-October and bringing the crib with them. I cannot wait!


So for all you moms out there ... what are some of the must-have items, or specific brands you love?

3 comments:

  1. I loved the Chicco Stroller system, that's what I used. Definately a good monitor system (i still use mine to this day) I bought one that has a camera and the receiver is a walkie talkie type thing, I can clip it on and walk around with it. Steer clear of the big monitors since you don't want to haul around a TV with you :) Also thermometers...forehead and ear one, and get at least two. I liked having one in my diaper bag at all times and one at the house. The Nose Freda is a must have too... that thing can get the snot out :) Since Mr.Conner will be arriving in the cold months...having a portable heater during bath time was really convienent and kept Chloe from getting cold and having a terrible bath time. (obviously not near the water) LOL. Oh yes, and one of those zipper thingy's that goes over the carseat, so no cold air gets in when your outside...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes !!! A super comfy rocking chair in the room. I didn't want one, but my mom totally talked me into it. It was pricey and well worth it...you will be spending some long nights in the baby's room. I got mine at Buy Buy Baby a little pricey but so worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alina...congratulations!! so fun to hear about your sweet little gift! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete