Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!!

So my 26th birthday was yesterday. Can't believe how fast life is passing me by. It was a great weekend, full of time with family, friends, good music, good food, and lots of laughter. It was pretty cool to be the one to decide where to eat and what to do. I am so blessed and am looking forward to more celebrations as the week goes on.


Friday night we went to the Armand Margjeka / Edwin McCain / Sister Hazel concert at the House of Blues. It was awesome. First up was Armand Margjeka and he had a very unique sound to his music. I really liked it - definitely the kind of music that grows on you. Random fact: he's originally from Albania and then moved to Alabama. If you'd like to hear a little sample of his music, check it out here.

Edwin McCain was AWESOME. I totally bought one of his CDs on iTunes, and plan to buy at least one more. This was my favorite song he sang and I'd say it's one of my top 5 favorites of all time. That's a pretty big statement, too.

You can check out his website here.

Sister Hazel was pretty awesome, too. Loved how much fun they had on stage. The lead guitarist was INSANELY talented. I was blown away.

They were SO GOOD.



Then Saturday I slept in and had Einstein Bros Bagels for breakfast. Jason went to pick it up for us - it was a nice birthday treat. We headed out to Home Depot to get some more materials for the seemingly never-ending laundry room project that Jason ended up spending the day working on. On our way home, we stopped at Sonic for some Route 44 delicious drinks and sat and talked with the windows down. It was fun. When we got home, I took a little nap and took my time getting ready for a night with my family that included dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, presents, hot tub time, Spoon's cupcakes & chocolate covered strawberries, and the movie Monster-In-Law. It was a fabulous time, with lots of laughs. I love getting together with my family - they sure do know how to make me feel special.


Then Sunday, we woke up late, Jason cleaned the entire house (happy birthday to ME!!!) and we headed out to church. The sermon was great - it was about how we as Christians need to know why we believe what we believe. Pastor John Mark gave really good arguments for Christianity and the ways we can argue for the fact that there is a God reigning over all humanity. Then our day with the Schobeys included Fuzzy's Tacos for lunch (DELISH), Unknown at the Movie Theater, chilling out at their apartment, Genghis Grill for dinner (LOVE me some Krab), and homemade Cherry Cheese Pie back at their apartment for dessert. It was another great day of celebrating with some of my favorite people.

No comments:

Post a Comment