Thursday, January 20, 2011

Smith Family Christmas / New Year's Holidays

We had an amazing Christmas 2010 in Florida - and sorry there were no photos ... my camera had to get fixed by the Geek Squad and we didn't get it back until after we got back from Florida. We had a wonderful time hanging out with Jason's family and celebrating "Smith" style! We were able to spend some good time hanging out and shopping with his parents (they bought a new flat screen TV!) the day after Christmas. Jason got to hang out with his brothers quite a bit and they were able to work out at the gym together, too. It's nice that he's able to just hang out with them in their element - doing normal daily stuff. Jason's sweet Grandma taught me how to make her famous Chicken 'n' Dumplins! It was a wonderful bonding experience and fun to get to know her a little better. I always love being in the kitchen - love to cook!

This year for New Year's Day we celebrated with my family at their house. The guys watched football while me and my mom cooked and had fun talking in the kitchen. It was a fun day hanging out with my family!
Jason's excited to watch some football on my parents HD big screen!

Check out the healthy snacks!

"Woman, can't you see I'm watching football??"

So happy to still be on VACATION!!!

Step One: Boil a whole chicken for 45 minutes in broth with onion and celery.
This smelled SO GOOD.

So excited to practice making the dumplings for a kind audience! :)

Squash (LOVE), chicken broth for dumplings, and potatoes ready to boil.

BIG TIP: Use plastic gloves!!! Why didn't I think of this? Grandma knows best.

Jason was so excited that I was making his favorite childhood meal that reminds him of home.

Mom making the delicious marinade for the Honey Glazed Ham. YUM-O!

So this was such a great start to 2011! The vacation away from work was AMAZING and I came back to my job with a renewed spirit and energized! I'm not going to lie, though, I'm counting down the days until my next vacation - 72 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment