Sunday, January 23, 2011

The least talked about room in our house.

So it's been a while since I've blogged about our renovation progress. Mostly because we've been too lazy to do any more. But now that we've owned this house for almost a year, it was definitely time to get moving on the least talked about room in our house.

The laundry room.

You see, when we bought the house, the room was a Texas Longhorns color (ugly) with just one long hanging rod and shelf directly opposite the door to that room.

 We had to fix some pipes in the wall.
But you can see the interestingly orange walls...

 Here you can see that we painted the walls a nice lavender color.

 You can also see our nifty storage solution for the past 11 months living in this house...


SOMETHING HAD TO CHANGE!!!!

Enter HOME DEPOT.

Holy productive Saturday, Batman!!


We bought some wall cabinets to install above the washer/dryer for storage. It took us hardly any time at all to get two coats of paint on these babies. Of course, Stella ran across one of the cabinet doors that had just been painted, and we had white paw prints trickling down the tiled hallway - Jason wiped them up. He wasn't happy with Stella for messing up our smooth operation, but I, however, thought it was hysterical. Because it was.
 Here is Jason hard at work building my cabinets! He's like my very own "Tim the Toolman Taylor."
Except he actually knows what the heck he's doing.

 First cabinet is in! I realize this picture has a weird perspective and angle. You have to realize that this room is TINY, so there's really no way to get a good photo of what's going on in there...

 They're all up!! Does it look bigger in there with the cabinets to anyone but me?? I think it just adds so much more usefulness to the room; it gives it a purpose and therefore makes it seem much bigger.

 DONE (for the day, at least) - look at the pretty floor! It's so beautiful - but it's been hidden so long behind the boxes of storage that I almost forgot what it looked like.

 All of my stuff fit in the cabinets!! This seriously makes my heart happy.

As you can see, I was trying out paint colors for that wall - it's a dark purple-ish/mocha color. But I think it will make the room look too small. What do you think? 

Today is the day we are going to go buy some almost floor to ceiling cabinets for the wall with the trashcan and vacuum. We've got a plan to install a hanging rod with shelving below and above it.

Now, I'm off to get ready for church and get excited about another productive day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment