Wednesday, February 10, 2016

DIY Fun - Earring Organizer

I have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest. I love the awesome ideas, but sometimes it leaves me feeling like I'm wasting my life away because I'm not making 87 freezer meals for $100 in 3 hours time, or building unique furniture, or have a magazine worthy house, or dress like a fashionista when I drop off my kids at school. That is the part I hate. But that doesn't stop my from having over 2,000 pins on Pinterest. Absurd, I know. Anyway, one of the things I've wanted to do for a while is figure out a better way to organize my jewelry, especially my dangly earrings. This weekend we headed to Home Depot for some supplies for the projects we are trying to get done for Lorelai's room, and while we were there I snagged the supplies for this project.

So here's my inspiration:

And here is what I did...

Supplies:
-Large empty frame (got this one at Hobby Lobby when it was 50% off)
-Poultry wire
-Tin Snips
-Staple gun

So first I measured the poultry wire to fit on the back of the frame and cut it with the tin snips.

Then I used the staple gun to secure the wire to the back of the frame.

After that I hung it on the wall in my bathroom and filled it with my earrings. Who knew I had so many? 

I just love that not only does this provide organization for my earrings, but it's pretty to look at, too! It was really easy and probably only took about 30 minutes total. Next on my list of fun DIY projects is a way to organize my stud earrings and necklaces. For now, my stud earrings are in my jewelry box because there's finally plenty of space for me to find them in there. I put my necklaces in individual snack ziplock baggies to help me find them because I've seen that done before, but I don't love it. I would really like to hang them from a rack much like the inspiration photo at the beginning of this post, so we will see how that goes. How do you organize your jewelry?


Happy Hump Day, friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment