Sunday, November 13, 2011

Showered with love...

This week was the week of my showers! Nothing makes a pregnancy more real than receiving gifts for your baby boy and knowing that he will be in your life before you know it. We are so blessed by great friends and family who contributed to all the great stuff we got to bring home for little Conner.

Thursday the ladies at my old job threw me a shower and I could not have been more excited! I haven't worked with them since May, and so it was truly so sweet that they wanted to share in the excitement of our growing family. My friend Debbie hosted at her house and we had really yummy food (coconut chicken, chicken quesadillas, and chicken salad with crackers) and drinks and a Nothing Bundt Cake for dessert! It was delicious! It was a great time catching up and chatting about what's going on at the office for those of us who have moved on to other jobs and me getting to talk about my pregnancy and how all of that is going. I opened a ton of gifts and was so blessed by the amazing generosity of my friends! It was a great time of laughing and talking and lots of fun girl time. I loved it and can't wait to bring Conner up to the office so he can meet all of my friends.

Friday night Jason insisted on a date night, which was a-okay in my book! We had both been craving pancakes so we went to IHOP for dinner. It was unbelievably good and we enjoyed just catching up with each other. Jason got to tell me all about how things are going for him at work and some of the things he's been thinking about regarding the pregnancy and Conner and being a soon-to-be dad. I was able to share with him some of the things I've been learning from the books I've been reading and just tell him how awesome he is and how thankful I am for him. After dinner we were going to go down to Coffee N Cream in Allen to listen to the live music on the patio ... but there wasn't anyone there! So we headed over to Saxby's and got Caramel Apple Ciders ... Oh.My.Goodness DELISH. We sat outside in the chilly evening air sipping our piping hot drinks and laughing and talking into the evening. It was such a good time to just reconnect after a long and busy week and we agreed that this will be a necessary thing for us to do on a weekly or bi-weekly basis once Conner is here.

Yesterday my friends threw me a shower and it was amazing! All the decorations were super cute and the food was awesome. There were meatballs, pinwheels, cream puffs, cookies, punch, and another Nothing Bundt Cake! I LOVE these cakes - they are so good. One of the hostesses made a diaper cake that was absolutely adorable! She did a great job. The shower was kind of a "worlds colliding" type event because I had friends from high school, friends from FBC, friends from Cottonwood, family, and my mom's friends from when I was a kid. It was so much fun to see everyone and get to celebrate and be excited for this new phase of life we're entering into. We played a game where we had to guess how many peanuts were in the jar (peanuts because if you know me well, you know I love elephants), which I highly overestimated. Ha! And then the other game we played was to write the word "elephant" down the side of the paper and then write down something baby related for each letter. I'm horrible at stuff like this, but  eventually thought of something for each letter. It was a fun game!

I opened a ton of great gifts and was so blessed by the generosity of my friends and family. I was so excited to receive one of my friend Beth's book boxes, and it could be more perfect for Conner's room. All the hostesses bought books for inside the box and it was such a fun gift to open. After the presents, we all sat and talked about my pregnancy and my plan for labor and it was fun to have more girl time. During the girl time, they had me read out loud the "Wishes for baby Conner" that each person had filled out. Talk about choking back the tears ... it was amazing to read the things my friends and family wish for my baby. And of course there were some really funny answers to make me laugh, too. It was such a great idea and I really want to put them in a scrapbook for Conner to read when he's much older. It was a wonderful shower and I feel even more prepared for my baby boy!

Today we have our maternity portraits and I couldn't be more excited for them! I can't wait to take some great pictures of me and Jason and the glow that we both have because we are both just so excited to become parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment