Saturday, October 8, 2011

What we've been up to lately ...

Hello. It has been a while since my last update ... we've just been so busy with getting ready for Conner, and trying to really enjoy this period in life before kids. I'm 28 weeks this week and officially in the 3rd trimester of my pregnancy. I cannot believe how fast the time is going by ... and at the same time, I am a little bummed and overwhelmed that I still have 3 more months to wait to meet our son! My pregnancy has been going great! My back has been bothering me some, but as long as I don't overdo it, I'm golden.

 On September 17 we went to the Plano Hot Air Balloon Festival. It was an early morning, but it was pretty cool to see all the balloons all blown up.

This is the balloon that was being blown up right in front of us. It was really cool to watch.

 Ladybug balloon! So cute.

 On September 24 Jason planned a fun date for us - Downtown McKinney Oktoberfest! It was so sweet of him to plan a date and it was nice to walk around outside and enjoy some good quality time together. Jason loved all the German food - I tasted it and was pretty impressed! Then he agreed to eat at Sauce on the Square for lunch and it was nice to sit in the cool restaurant and have some good conversation. I love spending time with him and I kind of feel like our time together has an inevitable ending (in December), but I just have to remind myself that having a baby will be an amazing addition to our family and that we will just have to make the effort to continue to keep our marriage fresh. It's not the ending - just a new and different beginning!

 I don't know if Stella senses the baby in my belly or not, but lately she's been sitting on my stomach a lot more. If I'm relaxing on the couch, she'll sometimes come sleep on me. I think it's awesome - since she has never been a lap cat at all. I'm a bit nervous how she'll react to the new baby, but I just hope that she'll just be curious and keep her distance. Ha! :)

 Last week we had an ultrasound to check on the growth of our little man. My OB had said I was measuring a little big at my 24 week appointment and wanted to just check on how our boy was growing. The tech said he was in the 59% on size, which sounds pretty average to me - so it was music to my ears! He was so cute and we got another updated picture of him. Sweet little face!

Jason and I were at the store shopping for my mom's birthday present and we passed by this aisle at Target and I said, "Hey Jason, you want some Jason?" He laughed at my hilariousness (I'm so humble, I know), and then insisted I take a picture. 
 This is a belly shot of me at 27 weeks. We were headed out the door to church and it was so nice outside. I love this dress - it was SO comfortable. (Thanks to my friend January for loaning me some maternity clothes!!)

 On Thursday, my friend Jessica came over and we worked on some arts and crafts. We are always talking about new projects we want to work on ... so we decided it was time for a craft day. I decorated the letters for Conner's room - using Mod Podge and scrapbook paper. I think they turned out great so far - the next and final step is to paint the borders dark brown and hang them from ribbons. I hope they look great in his room.

Jessica made the banner for my baby shower and it turned out SO CUTE!! I absolutely love it and love the little owls on each letter. Look close and you can see them. Ahh, so cute.

Speaking of Conner - Jason's mom will be here on Wednesday and she is bringing the crib with her. I simply cannot wait to put it together and transform that room from frumpy futon-ville to baby room! Her sister is coming with her and I'm really looking forward to the girl/family time. It will be awesome to share some of this pregnancy with them. Maybe they'll even feel him kick! :)

3 comments:

  1. Ummmmmm, maternity borrow fail... you look WAYYYYYYYY cuter in that dress than I ever did! I love that you put it with a tee! Great idea... I always wore it with a jacket and was wicked hot. Now I REALLY need to have another baby so I can rewear that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and by the way, I "pinned" your CONNOR letters on pintrest cause they are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun updates - Glad you are back to blogging! LOVE the letters and the maternity dress, too!

    ReplyDelete