Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Grow, hair! Grow~!!

I have had some very bad haircuts and very bad experiences at the "salon." Growing up, I would always get my hair cut at Great Clips or the equally sucky equivalent, because I had a basic hair style. It was long, with long layers. I mean, how can you really screw that up? I was fine with these $15 haircuts until a lady got her rings tangled up in my hair while she was washing it. I mean she tugged and pulled to free her gaudy rings from my hair - to the point that tears ran down my cheeks. That was the last time I paid less than $50 for a haircut.

Then I went to college and found Nathan. He was a very good stylist, and gave me a scalp massage first thing every time. It was Ah-MAZ-ing. However, I don't really want to drive 45 minutes there and back AND spend over $50. I don't need a day trip, just a trim.

So, I tried Beauty Brands and got the cutest angled haircut ever. I mean, it was so cute. It was high maintenance, but so worth it - so cute! Then ... there was Bertha. You laugh. You think I'm kidding. No. Her name was Bertha and she butchered my hair. There is photographic evidence, but I refuse to share. It was just bad.

So, I've been growing my hair out ever since and still have yet to find a stylist who I trust and like and doesn't live in Timbuktu, and I feel is worth the $50 I shell out. Any referrals, ladies??

Here's the look I'm going for. Connie Britton from Friday Night Lights. See how long and flow-y it is??

LOVE those big, flowing curls. Curling iron?? Hot rollers??

Now, just 10 more inches to go. Grow, hair! Grow~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment